The ULTRA.sens® is the world’s first OEM gas measurement module based on miniaturized UV LEDs. The stability and lifetime of these UV-LEDs enables high-precision gas analyses down to the ppb range. By using two UV-LEDs 2 gases can be detected simultaneously. With this approach, 2 measuring ranges from ppm to Vol.-% can also be realized.
In the spectral range from 200 nm to 500 nm, nitrogen oxides (NO+NO2), aromatic hydrocarbons, hydrogen sulphide, ozone, sulphur dioxide and chlorine can be reliably detected with this novel sensor platform.
- Environmental and Process Measurement Technology (CEM)
- Engine development
- TOC analyzers
- Elemental analysis
- Industrial gas analysis
- Natural gas/biogas analysis
- Process measurement technology
- Biogas research
Features & Benefits
- Measuring accuracy: ±2 % F.S.
- Sensor sample cell: aluminium/gold
- Sensor sample cell: stainless steel with inert coating (inside and outside)
- Fast response time, t90 ≈ 3 s
- PEEK cell for corrosive gases (H2S, chlorine) on request
- High dynamic range, 1:100
- Fast response time, t90 < 1 s possible
- Robust, dismountable construction due to gas-tight O-ring connections
- No water vapour cross sensitivity as with NDIR gas sensors
- Temperature range 5°C - 45°C
- Low power consumption < 10 Watt
- Low power consumption < 3 Watt @ 24 VDC
- RS 232, CAN, analog output (0-10 V) as option
- Connection of 2 optical measuring systems to one basic electronic unit
Analyze up to 4 different gases with one module
|Version||Line 1||Line 2||Line 3||Line 4||Line 5 *||Line 6 *||Line 7 *|
|1.1||CO2 / CO / NO / N2O / CH4 / CnHm||O2||P||H|
|1.2||NO / NO2 / SO2 / H2S / O3 / CL2||O2||P||H|
|2.1||CO2 / CO / NO / N2O / CH4 / CnHm||CO2 / CO / NO / N2O / CH4 / CnHm||O2||P||H|
|2.2||NO / NO2 / SO2 / H2S / O3 / CL2||NO2 / SO2 / O3 / CL2||O2||P||H|
|2.3||CO2 / CO / NO / N2O / CH4 / CnHm||NO2 / SO2 / O3 / CL2||O2||P||H|
|3.1||CO2 / CO / NO / N2O / CH4 / CnHm||CO2 / CO / NO / N2O / CH4 / CnHm||CO2 / CO / NO / N2O / CH4 / CnHm||O2||P||H|
|3.2||CO2 / CO / NO / N2O / CH4 / CnHm||NO2 / SO2 / O3 / CL2||NO2 / SO2 / O3 / CL2||O2||P||H|
|3.3||NO / NO2 / SO2||O2||P||H|
Modular sensor design
In order to be able to adapt gas analyses as flexibly as possible to individual measurement tasks, the individual components designed modularly. This resulted in a »modular system« in which the various photometric components such as detectors, emitters, measuring sample cell, etc. can be exchanged. Aluminium with bright gold coating and passivated stainless steel is used as the standard sample cell material. PEEK (polyetheretherketone) is also available for special applications.
With this sophisticated sensor design, customer-specific applications can also be realized without the need for a completely new development. The modularity makes replacement and maintenance considerably easier when servicing is required. Completely bonded gas sensors, on the other hand, can only be replaced as a complete unit and thus generate high follow-up costs (total cost of ownership) in case of maintenance.
Optionally, the different gas measurement modules can also be equipped with a pressure measurement (P.sens) oxygen measurement (O2.sens) or a humidity measurement (HUMI.sens).
List of measurement ranges
|INFRA.sens® NDIR||ULTRA.sens® NDUV||UVRAS|
|Measuring range *||CO2||CO||NO||CH4||CnHm||N2O||SO2||NO2||O3||CL2||H2S||NO|
* Full scale value (F.S.) / ** up to 300ppm
1 F.S. - Full scale value / 2 CEM = Continuous Emission Monitoring / 3 PEMS = Portable Emission Monitoring System
Subject to change without notice.